Monday, February 2, 2009

Groundhog Day!

For absolutely no reason whatsoever, I figured I'd fill this post with a few miscellaneous musings of the day...

...Season tickets may have sold out, but exactly how many people still care about the Arizona Cardinals, the team with the most fair-weather fans?

...I want to love 3-D technology, I do. I'll go see Coraline, I'll see Up, and because of the hip TV cast, I'll even see Monsters Vs. Aliens. And if the folks in Hollywood want people to think of 3-D as something other than cheesy and B-movie, they need to update the technology of the glasses. I tried to find the 3-D glasses being distributed to watch the 3-D ads and tonight's new episode of Chuck (and I did find them, thankfully), but for a long time, there were none in my area. Then, when I found them the day before the Super Bowl, they were in a tiny display that could be easily passed by and was barely full. Even more, I had to take a sheet of paper holding four sets of glasses. Yes, these are the cheap-o paper glasses. If the movie technology has advanced why can't the normal glasses be better than paper?

...The Super Bowl ads, for the most part, sucked. I know everyone loved the Alec Baldwin Hulu.com ad, but....aliens? Eating my brains? If I didn't enjoy watching shows for free, I'd stop going to the site, but...well, my brain IS feeling mushy.

...Now I remember why I'm not psyched for Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen (and by the way, seriously? What kind of self-serious bullshit subtitle is that? It's about robots that turn into cars, not a fucking war movie). I enjoy watching movies where I can discern what's happening on the screen instead of a chaotic shot-after-shot sequence of big car-robots doing God knows what.

...So Christian Bale was shouting at the DP of the new Terminator movie. No, it's not my business, but thanks to those scumbags at TMZ, I know what he sounds like angry. I'm sure Bale could beat me up, but it'd be worth it....he's funny when he's angry! I mean, I still think he's a great Batman but...five minutes of shouting? Maybe he just realized he's starring in an unnecessary Terminator sequel directed by McG. I'd be angry, too.

...The post-Super Bowl episode of The Office was, overall, very funny, but I'm certain that, to date, the pre-title sequence of the show was the funniest thing the show's ever done. "The fire is shooting at us!"

...Here's the problem with our society: less than 12 hours after the Super Bowl ends, the local news asks, "Is this the best Super Bowl ever?" Well, of course, you've had enough time to figure things out, right? I'm not saying the game wasn't great (though part of that is because no one expected the Cards to be so competitive), but best ever? No Ice Bowl? No Scott f'in Norwood missing the field goal? No Eli Manning? Let's be honest.

...I love the movie, but what is the point of Groundhog Day? The actual holiday, I mean...what's the point? Winter goes until March 21. That's it. The groundhog (and let's be frank, there's been plenty more than one) doesn't predict the winter. And it's a top news story every year. We live in a stupid country; this is a minor offense, but it's the top of the iceberg.

...Why couldn't Pixar have done a new ad for Up? Like I said, I can't wait to see it (it is my current number-one of the year in terms of anticipation), but the ad last night wasn't anything new. Still, I can't wait for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment