Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Newest Member of the Family


"Daddy/Mommy, can we keep him?" I don't have kids yet, but I'm currently the person being asked that question, and since I'm a sucker for a cute face, I've said yes. For about three months, Elyse and I had three cats, once Hermione passed on at the end of August. On Tuesday, after work, I got a call from Elyse, informing me that we had a new cat. The short story is that a tabby kitten of--as we found out on Friday at the vet--just under five weeks was being hounded by a group of dumb-ass teenagers who thought that kicking the kitten would calm it down. To quote Steve Martin in All of Me, "Ah. Good plan!"

There was the short, nebulous period where we didn't know if the kitten was healthy enough to keep--we do not know how long the kitten was outdoors, considering that it's not feral, it knows to use the litter box, and seemed immediately appreciative of being indoors--but all seems well. We'll have more pictures in the days to come, but I wanted to share at least one of our little baby Britta (named after the character from Community), as you see at the top of the post. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment