Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Just Quickly...

It's become a monthly expense, of course, but I'm seriously so thrilled to have HBO on my cable TV package now. Yes, I appreciate that this kind of sentiment probably would have been prescient somewhere around, oh, 1999, but I added the channel and its relatives (HBO2, HBO Signature, etc.) onto the package in the hopes that Boardwalk Empire would be as amazing as I'd hoped it would be. In the seven weeks since I got the addition, as I mentioned earlier this week, I've become a fan of Boardwalk Empire, Eastbound & Down, In Treatment, and Bored to Death, among other things. With shows like Luck and Game of Thrones on the way, I'm really happy to no longer have to wait a full year to get in the loop on these kinds of TV shows.

Apparently, based on the poll done recently by, it seems, every we'd-like-to-be-in-the-news-for-a-minute organization that shows what liberals and conservatives watch, I'm a liberal. I knew that, of course, but I'm surprised at how, in these universally useless polls, I kind of match up. I watch Mad Men, The Office, Parks and Recreation, and 30 Rock, hence I am liberal. I avoid shows like Dancing with the Stars, and so I am not a conservative. I realize that the polls are ridiculous, but, by and large, liberals apparently watch shows that are...you know, good. (I kid, mostly, but Dancing with the Stars? NCIS? No thanks.) No HBO shows got too popular among the righties, I guess. Though I still think the old-fashioned HBO tagline--It's not TV, yada yada--is idiotic, I can kind of get behind the thought process. Whatever it is, I'm glad I have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment