Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Critic-Proof, I Know...

But I'll talk here a smidge about my experience of watching Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Is it, as you may have read, the worst movie ever made? No, not by a long shot. Now, don't get me wrong: this is not a good movie. This is a bad movie we're talking about. There are many, MANY things wrong with the second film in this franchise, but I don't need to go over them, because I just don't care. I don't care because the filmmakers didn't care enough to make a film with any thought. Just remember this much: Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzmann wrote the script for Star Trek. Star Trek is a great movie. They co-wrote this second Transformers movie with Ehren Kruger. This movie sucks.

However, I can't fully bash a film with the following line, delivered with a straight face: "I told you I was going to open a space bridge. It's the fastest way to travel to Egypt!" Of course it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment