Friday, February 25, 2011

The Podcaster Meets The Listener

I'm about 90 minutes away from forever destroying a barrier that seems a little surreal to consider. OK, we're not talking about anything major here, but meeting someone whose work you enjoy and are entertained by on a weekly basis doesn't always happen. Most times, it's only going to happen by chance; a random encounter with a celebrity, for example. In this case, I'm talking about someone who I'm essentially bringing here. Now, I haven't done it all by myself, but the circumstances are still unique. I'm talking about comedian and podcaster Mike Schmidt, of "The 40-Year Old Boy" show, which you should be listening to if you're not. And, if you're not and you haven't read my praise-filled piece from December, why haven't you?

Anyway, he's coming to Phoenix tonight to perform a one-man show, in hopes that he can perform it again later this year at the New York Fringe Festival. And I spearheaded the Facebook group that is bringing him here. He's going to be at the Space 55 theater tonight at 8--tickets are still available. But I'm not sure how awkward the night is going to be. Will we move past the halting phase akin to a first, blind date? This post is short, because I'm sure to have a lot more to write once the show is over. Suffice to say, I am nervous. Am I in for 2 hours of long pauses before the show begins? Deep breath...here we go. Check with me on the flip side to find out how it went down.

No comments:

Post a Comment