Thursday, December 2, 2010

Fascinating

Presuming that it's still doing well, I genuinely don't know what would compel people to shop at a furniture store called The Dump. Sorry, wait, let me try that again...The Dump! For those of you who do not live in Phoenix--again, I presume this is a local store--there's a new-ish furniture store in the Phoenix area called The Dump. Every ad, radio or TV, uses the same middle-aged male announcer, always gleefully emphasizing the word "Dump". I get (kind of) the name; the point of the store is to sell furniture at supposedly very low prices, as almost a last resort for previously high-end stuff. I imagine that's what may keep the store in business, but...I mean, do I even need to explain what is wrong with this store?

Why would I want to shop at a store that makes me think of trash or literal shit? Why would anyone want to buy furniture from such a store? "Hey, kids, let's go look for a new couch." "Where, Dad?" "We're going to The Dump!" "Uh....when's Mommy coming home?" "Oh, who cares, let's go look at The Dump!" I cannot imagine a scenario where I separate myself from my money to buy furniture from this place. I don't care if it's the best in the world, I don't care if the prices are hilariously low; call me crazy, but this is one minor stand I'm making.

N.B. As a follow-up, the Christmas-music radio station played more consecutive music today, but I also got to hear about someone joking about his chest hair. Because that's what I want to hear about on the morning commute.

No comments:

Post a Comment